Contributions to the Environment and Society
Doing business on a global scale, we contribute to society through development of the carbon industry.
Our company handles products that are rarely seen in our daily lives. However, we are all proud of our contribution to the production of steel, automobiles, aluminum, and semiconductors, essential products for society. We will continue to keep the importance of nature firmly in mind in our handling of products that make use of our environments precious natural resources, and consider it a special joy to be able to contribute to society.
Message from President
Since our establishment in March 2002, we have been engaged in the import into/export from Japan and the world trade of carbon-related materials and products as well as basic raw materials for major industries, with the motto of providing services from the perspective of our respected customers, such as proposing optimal logistics and financing functions. Furthermore, we are promoting flexible and robust business development by expanding the supply chain of carbon-related products both vertically and horizontally, such as by participating in joint ventures in China and adding manufacturer functions.
In addition to contributing to key industries such as steel, nonferrous metals, automobiles, chemicals and semiconductors, we are also enlarging xpanding our business into carbon-related products and other raw materials that are indispensable for the realization of an increasingly important decarbonized society, recycling and energy conservation.
We will continue to create new added values through the acquisition of further functions in order to meet the needs of our business partners from a global perspective.
As a member of the Sojitz Group, we will fully utilize the Sojitz network to become a company that can contribute to our business partners and global society, and all of our employees will strive to conduct our business with sincerity, creativity, and enthusiasm.
President & CEO Tsuyoshi Tsuchida
Foster progress through our carbon business and seek prosperity for our employees.
- The Three Commitments:
Commitment to Passion,
Commitment to Integrity,
Commitment to Innovation
Bring deep satisfaction and inspiration to people as we contribute to society through a work ethic backed by these three commitments.
- Strength through solidarity,
- Grace through gratitude,
- Evolution through innovation.
- Band together, always keeping respect and gratitude at heart.
- Aim to be a multifaceted company equipped with functions similar to manufacturers.
- Pursue high functional quality and value-added to maximize our competitive edge.
- Fully analyze customer needs and provide solutions.
- Be a free and open organization
- Foresee coming changes and be an industry forerunner.
- Become an inspiring company.
- Company Name
- Sojitz JECT Corporation
- 7th floor, 8-6, Nishi-Shimbashi 2-Chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0003, Japan
- President & CEO
- Tsuyoshi Tsuchida
- Directors and Auditor
- Director, In charge of Administrative Affairs / Takashi Honda
External Director / Osamu Matsuura
External Director / Hiroshi shimomaehara
External Director / Akira Mitsuda
Auditor / Takahiro Hoshino
- Cokes; carbon material; carbon products; carbon specialties; graphite electrode; tar products; various minerals
Export (50%), Import (40%), Offshore trade (5%), Domestic sales (5%)
- March 2002
- Capital stock
- 460,600,000 Yen
- Sojitz Corporation (100%)
- Annual sales
- 20billion yen
- Number of employees
- MUFG Bank, Mizuho Bank, Shinwa Bank, Yachiyo Bank, Yamaguchi Bank, and others
- 25 Mar 2002
- Nichimen Corp. transferred its petroleum and carbon business to Sojitz JECT Corporation.
- 26 Mar 2002
- Nichimen transferred all issued shares of Sojitz JECT to Nissho Iwai and Sojitz JECT became a subsidiary of Nissho Iwai
- Aug 2002
- Beijing Representative Office (China) was established
- Oct 2002
- Moscow Representative Office (Russia) was established
- Jan 2003
- Düsseldorf Branch (Germany) was established
- 24 May 2003
- Head office was relocated to current location
- Dec 2003
- Coal tar distillation plant was jointly established in Shandong, China
- Feb 2004
- 100% subsidiaries were established in U.S.A. and China
- Apr 2004
- Nichimen and Nissho Iwai were merged to form a new single entity, Sojitz Corporation
- Mar 2009
- Changed the company name from JECT Corporation to Sojitz JECT Corporation
- Jan 2015
- Dissolved the joint venture with Coal tar distillation plant in Shandong, China.
- Dec 2017
- Liquidation of US corporation
- Sep 2018
- Reorganized Beijing representative office into a corporation in China (Qingdao)
- Jul 2019
- Established a joint venture to take ownership of a graphic electrode production plant in Dezhou, China
- Apr 2023
- Moscow Representative Office (Russia) Dormant
- 7F, Sumitomo Fudosan-Hibiya Bldg,8-6, Nishi-Shimbashi 2-Chome, Minato-ku,Tokyo 105-0003, Japan
- 3 minutes walk from A3 exit of Uchisaiwaicho Station on the Toei Mita Line
- A 6-minute walk from the Karasmori Exit of Shimbashi Station on the JR Line, Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, and Toei Asakusa Line
- 8 minutes walk from Exit A1 of Toranomon Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
- 10 minutes walk from Exit B1 of Toranomon Hills Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line