Contributions to the Environment and Society
Doing business on a global scale, we contribute to society through development of the carbon industry.
Our company handles products that are rarely seen in our daily lives. However, we are all proud of our contribution to the production of steel, automobiles, aluminum, and semiconductors, essential products for society. We will continue to keep the importance of nature firmly in mind in our handling of products that make use of our environments precious natural resources, and consider it a special joy to be able to contribute to society.
Message from President
Since our foundation in March 2002, we at Sojitz JECT Corporation have branched out our carbon-related products business, the “rice of the industry,”, into all types of transactions; including export, import, and intermediary trade, while staying faithful to our commitment of providing services through the development of new products and markets, fulfilling inventory operations and achieving the most suitable arrangement of logistics, with our customers in mind.
In addition, with the huge supply chain of carbon-related products, we have continuously expanded our business by functioning both as manufacturer and trader, while also participating in a joint venture involving coal chemicals in China.
We have strived in enhancing functions not only in the fundamental industries, such as the steel, nonferrous, automobile and chemical industry, but also in highly-specialized areas, such as the supply of raw materials and products to alternative energy-related industries.
From a global point of view, will continue to exert our ability to enhance distribution functions and provide solutions to our customer’s problems, 。
As a company, we at Sojitz JECT Corporation, aim to work in unity with other members of the Sojitz group network in meeting our customer’s expectations and contribute to the society.
President, Representative Director Jiro Idota
Foster progress through our carbon business and seek prosperity for our employees.
- The Three Commitments:
Commitment to Passion,
Commitment to Integrity,
Commitment to Innovation
Bring deep satisfaction and inspiration to people as we contribute to society through a work ethic backed by these three commitments.
- Strength through solidarity,
- Grace through gratitude,
- Evolution through innovation.
- Band together, always keeping respect and gratitude at heart.
- Aim to be a multifaceted company equipped with functions similar to manufacturers.
- Pursue high functional quality and value-added to maximize our competitive edge.
- Fully analyze customer needs and provide solutions.
- Be a free and open organization
- Foresee coming changes and be an industry forerunner.
- Become an inspiring company.
- Company Name
- Sojitz JECT Corporation
- 7th floor, 8-6, Nishi-Shimbashi 2-Chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0003, Japan
- Jiro Idota
- Directors and Auditor
- Director, In charge of Marketing / Toshihide Watanabe
Director, In charge of Administrative Affairs / Shigeru Ozawa
External Director / Masaaki Bito
External Director / Tsutomu Toshio
External Director / Akira Mitsuda
Auditor / Ryuichi Mitarai
- Cokes; carbon material; carbon products; carbon specialties; graphite electrode; tar products; various minerals
Export (50%), Import (40%), Offshore trade (5%), Domestic sales (5%)
- March 2002
- Capital stock
- 460,600,000 Yen
- Sojitz Corporation (100%)
- Annual sales
- 20billion yen
- Number of employees
- MUFG Bank, Mizuho Bank, Shinwa Bank, Yachiyo Bank, Yamaguchi Bank, and others
- 25 Mar 2002
- Nichimen Corp. transferred its petroleum and carbon business to Sojitz JECT Corporation.
- 26 Mar 2002
- Nichimen transferred all issued shares of Sojitz JECT to Nissho Iwai and Sojitz JECT became a subsidiary of Nissho Iwai
- Aug 2002
- Beijing Representative Office (China) was established
- Oct 2002
- Moscow Representative Office (Russia) was established
- Jan 2003
- Düsseldorf Branch (Germany) was established
- 24 May 2003
- Head office was relocated to current location
- Dec 2003
- Coal tar distillation plant was jointly established in Shandong, China
- Feb 2004
- 100% subsidiaries were established in U.S.A. and China
- Apr 2004
- Nichimen and Nissho Iwai were merged to form a new single entity, Sojitz Corporation
- Oct 2006
- Two carbon departments were reorganized to create the third carbon department. Business Planning Development Dept. and Finance&Accounts Dept.
were integrated to form a new Dept of Administration Dept.
- Mar 2009
- Changed the company name from JECT Corporation to Sojitz JECT Corporation
- Apr 2014
- Establishment of Corporate Planning Office
- Jan 2015
- Dissolved the joint venture with Coal tar distillation plant in Shandong, China.
- Dec 2017
- Liquidation of US corporation
- Apr 2018
- Establishment of Business Strategy Office
- Sep 2018
- Reorganized Beijing representative office into a corporation in China (Qingdao)
- Apr 2019
- Headquarters carbon business reorganized into a four-part system
- Jul 2019
- Established a joint venture to take ownership of a graphic electrode production plant in Dezhou, China
- 7F, Sumitomo Fudosan-Hibiya Bldg,8-6, Nishi-Shimbashi 2-Chome, Minato-ku,Tokyo 105-0003, Japan
- 3 minutes walk from A3 exit of Uchisaiwaicho Station on the Toei Mita Line
- A 6-minute walk from the Karasmori Exit of Shimbashi Station on the JR Line, Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, and Toei Asakusa Line
- 8 minutes walk from Exit A1 of Toranomon Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
- 10 minutes walk from Exit B1 of Toranomon Hills Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line